Visual Communications Manager
The Wilma Theater seeks a full-time Visual Communications Manager who will work cross-departmentally to envision and implement digital and visual communications strategies to advance the mission, vision, and image of The Wilma Theater. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, design and art director of internal graphic design and layout; overseeing website; email communications and social media; and video and photography. The Visual Communications Manager will strive to implement cutting edge technology and social media strategies and techniques. The position will primarily support the Community Relations and Marketing Director as well as other staff members in community outreach and engagement, opening night activities, and other events to provide value added experiences for Wilma patrons.
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience with video and photography, and any or all of the following platforms: Adobe Creative Suite, Drupal/Wordpress, WordFly Email System, Tessitura, Video editing software, Social Media platforms (back-end tracking and reporting), SEO, Back-tagging, etc. Passion for theater a plus. Salary mid 30s plus benefits. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Megan O’Donnell, Administrative Coordinator, at MODonnell@WilmaTheater.org.
- Work with members of Executive, Marketing, Development, and Box Office Staff to achieve overall income goals annually.
- Work with the Marketing and Box Office Staff to achieve success in subscriptions and single ticket campaign by aiding in coordination of timelines, mailings, ad placements, etc.
- Manage all aspects of digital and social media advertising campaign, including vendor relations, internal reporting, and research into the latest technologies and trends.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Community Relations Manager on photo selection for website and press.
- Update and maintain website through the content management system, and contract web designer for all code-related updates to the site; aid in Tessitura ticketing system integration
- Conceive and design email communications via and calendar for all departments.
- Devise a social media strategy and calendar for subscriptions campaign, individual production campaigns, and overall promotion of the Wilma theater. Strategy should aim to increase followers and reach
Graphic Design and Photography/Videography
- Design all marketing materials (show posters, ads, digital ads, outdoor marketing) for the company and production season
- Project Manage and design the Wilma Theater’s show programs: WilmaBill
- Create video and/or coordinate with videographer for all promotional video needs; this includes promotional/archive video for production and coordination with the Facilities Manager to update the Wilma’s lobby video
- Serve as internal photographer and videographer for events and activities as warranted, and coordinate with contracted photographer/videographer for all photo/video shoots.
- Coordinate the printing and framing of Opening Night photo gifts.
- Keep an organized archive of all photography and videography of the Wilma Theater
- Attend weekly meetings of the Marketing and Development Departments, monthly staff meetings, and participate in events to provide value added experiences for Wilma patrons.
- Seek out professional development opportunities in all areas of job responsibilities.
The Wilma Theater is an equal opportunity employer. Unless otherwise noted, send inquiries and applications to:
MAIL: 265 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107