Rent the Wilma
The Wilma Theater’s state-of-the-art auditorium offers the latest in stage technology, while the raked seating and carefully designed lobby complete the feeling of comfortable and glamorous surroundings.
Download Rental Packet
- Proscenium stage measuring 44′ wide by 46′ deep
- 50′ fly tower
- 308 circuits and over 250 lighting instruments
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Front projection booth with computer slide projection equipment
- Fully ADA-compliant house, with 4 wheelchair accessible seats available in the last row of the theater
- Wireless systems for the hearing impaired
- Speakers’ podium available upon request
- Spacious lobby appropriate for receptions for up to 150 people;
- Adjoining studio contains coat check and private event seating for up to 35 people;
- Handicapped accessible bathrooms;
- Good Karma Cafe resides in the lobby;
- State-of-the-art lighting and sound system
- Indoor provisions: A/V equipment, lighting and sound system. No dance floor.
- Good Karma Cafe provides a full menu of drinks, soups, sandwiches, and pastries.
- Close to some of Center City’s finest restaurants, including XIX at the Bellevue, Valanni, Tria, and McCormick & Schmicks. Within walking distance of Chinatown and Reading Terminal Market.
Gerritt Street Studio Details
- Smoking is prohibited.
- There is no set lead time for reservations. Rentals are subject to availability.
- We require proof of insurance coverage naming The Wilma Theater as additional insured.
- No food is permitted in the theater.
2021-22 Rental Rates
Rental costs start at a base rental rate* that includes the use of the Theater and theatrical equipment. In addition, the renter must pay the additional costs of all required technical support, including but not limited to over-time and additional fees as per union rules.
*Discounts available for 501(c)(3) organizations.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are interested in renting the theater, please complete the inquiry form to schedule an appointment (please no unscheduled walk-ups).
For the majority of the year, the Wilma is engaged in rehearsals and performances for its own productions. We cannot disrupt our own programming to accommodate an outside event. It may be that the date(s) you desire are available for rental, but the set for one of our plays is onstage at the time. If so, you can decide if you require a bare stage, or can conduct your event with our set as a backdrop.