The Wilma offers a variety of accessibility accommodations to better serve our audiences. Please contact the Box Office at least 24 hours in advance of the performance if you have any questions about the services we have offered below.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available. For your convenience and to guarantee availability, please reserve these seats in advance through the Wilma Box Office. We ask that you plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to curtain time to allow adequate time to be comfortably seated.
- We are able to safely store walkers for the duration of the performance for the convenience of our guests.
- Other seating or mobility needs may be personalized as we are able.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE SEATING CHART
Assisted Listening Devices
- We offer Assistive Listening Devices at every performance, which can be borrowed from House Management at our coat check.
Captions and Audio Descriptions for Digital and Select Live Performances
- Captioning and audio descriptions are typically offered at a 2:00 Saturday show, although dates will change depending on the needs of the performance. Check the production’s web site for details.
- Captions and audio descriptions will be available for most digital productions.
- Open Captions are provided on a screen near the stage and the exact location may vary from production to production. Please be sure to let the Box Office know what your preferred relationship to the screen may be and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Audio Description is a verbal narration of stage action, actors’ facial expressions, sets, costumes, lighting, props, and more. Additional details from the WilmaBill including Audio Headshots that share the actors’ voices and visual descriptions are shared in Pre-Show Notes that can be accessed before the show’s start.
Relaxed Performances provide a welcoming, “shush-free” environment that lets all patrons attend the performance and express themselves freely, without judgment or inhibition.
These live theatre experiences invite and encourage individuals with autism, ADD, ADHD, dementia, sensory sensitivities, and anyone who would appreciate a more relaxed theatre-going environment to enjoy the performance.
We encourage everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to these performances, with the knowledge that there may be a certain level of sound and/or movement in the audience during the performance.
Performance adjustments will include:
- Freedom to talk, vocalize, and leave seats during the performance as needed.
- House lights will be slightly increased to create a sensory-friendly environment and allow people to come and go as needed.
- We will have a library of fidget/handheld manipulatives available to borrow for added comfort and safety.
Pre-show preparation materials will be available online as the performance date approaches to help prepare attendees for the experience of visiting the Wilma Theater’s performance.
Please reach out to our box office at email@example.com if you have any questions about these performances. Visit our show websites for dates and times of upcoming Relaxed Performances.
- Warnings and notices will be posted on the doors to the theater and each show’s page of the website. These include warnings for fog/haze, flashing lights, gun shots, and other loud noises.
- For any other specific needs or additional information, the Box Office can be reached by calling 215-546-7824 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch a Tour of the Wilma with HotHouse Company Member Justin Jain