Mab Lib Monologue
Are you a writer and/or performer looking for inspiration? Write and perform a new monologue using these prompts from Teaching Artist Marissa Kennedy.
- Choose a household non-human object – such as a chair, plant, or pet – to recite your monologue to.
- Choose from one of these first lines:
- “So this is where you’ve been hiding…”
- “All I can say is…”
- “Well, what happened was…”
- How did the subject react to what you said? Add a follow-up sentence that responds to your subject’s reaction.
- Ask a question if you need help, starting with the question “But..? or “But why…?”
- Start your final sentence with “Well, I guess…”
Record and share online using #WilmaVirtualStudio!
Submit your monologue (either a recording or the text) below so we can see what you did!
SUBMIT YOUR MONOLOGUE